Friday, August 6, 2010

Collage 142

I was playing around here with the idea of Otto's house shape. And it is also a continuation of the Hebrew text. On this page of the book, Prince Nikolai Andreevich informs Princess Marya of the wedding proposal. "The old prince was extremely gentle and painstaking in dealing with his daughter that morning." He warns her that Anatole has lusty intentions towards Mlle. Bourienne. Her father says, "he'll get your dowry and incidentally take along Mlle. Bourienne. She'll be his wife and you...". Ouch!

Today I am formally proposing to show this project at a gallery in East Boston where I am a member. Last I checked, we were tentatively scheduled for December. We've been talking about how we will show each collage which is on thick paper. My husband Mark, our photographer, is quite creative and suggested that we construct a house (a nod to Otto) and use each collage as a shingle of the roof. He envisions making the structure tall enough so you could walk through the space. Lynn is an architect. I wonder if we're on to something? -- Lola

Lola Baltzell
from page 292-292 of original text
collage, acrylic paint
6/18/10

No comments:

Post a Comment