Monday, August 9, 2010

Collage 145

Every once in a while neither Lynn nor I can tell who made a piece. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? We are together so much, working on the same project, that sometimes we experience a mind meld. Or something like that. This one isn't signed but I think it's "mine" because I love the Indian texts. Only Chitra could tell for sure which Indian languaage I used here. It might be a combination.

As of last Friday, we learned that we need to relocate our team headquarters. Our current space isn't working out for Melissa, the lease holder. We are too loud, too many participants, too many visitors, etc. I'd say we are too much fun! She will replace us with a solitary writer. Alas. However, we have a new "home" already. We'll move in with Chris Chou who was featured here recently. She was my very first studio mate, going back to 2003. We are actually really happy to be in her space as Lynn is as blown away by her as I am. It will be interesting to see how the project might shift from the influence of being around Chris' work.

We knew this was coming. And we're totally OK with it -- moving forward with this project, the team strong and happy. -- Lola


Lola Baltzell
from page 257-258 of original text
collage, acrylic paint
made 6/25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment