Thursday, August 5, 2010

Collage 141

One of my high school friends, Julie, is Jewish and has invited me for decades to participate in her family's Passover dinners. It is the rite of spring when [in the early years] her mother would call and provide the details of where/when. In more recent years it is Julie who makes the call. I love script -- and all all languages -- and at one point asked Julie whether it would be too irreverent to use Hebrew in collage. For my birthday this year she gave me a used Passover book and said -- go for it! So here is the first inclusion of Hebrew script. It has nothing to do whatsoever with the text -- Princess Marya is contemplating whether to accept a marriage proposal from Anatole -- but that's just fine with me! -- Lola

Lola Baltzell
from page 289-290 of original text
collage, acrylic paint
made 6/18/10

No comments:

Post a Comment