Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Collage 140

It gives me great pleasure to include a contribution by Carol Odell, a mentor and friend and fantastic artist. Carol and her husband Tom, a sculptor, have their studios and gallery in Chatham on Cape Cod. Whenever I visit my family there, I am sure to stop by to see the Odells. You can see more of their work here:

Odell Art Studio and Gallery

Here's what Carol had to say about her collage:

"I read page 140 twice and was impressed by the egos and self-absorption of the characters - each one seemingly the center of the universe and vying for the attention and adoration of the others. My collage is loosely based upon that impression of three entities: two obviously female and one male and the aesthetic of upper class textiles. I loved working with immediacy - similar to a gesture drawing where the information is captured in a fleeting moment. Thank you for inviting me to join in the project - I would enjoy doing more if you have more pages to spare."

We certainly have more pages to spare and so appreciate contributions from far-flung Team Tolstoy! -- Lola


Carol Odell
from page 287-288 of original text
collage, acrylic paint
made 7/7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment