Thursday, May 20, 2010

Collage 66


Lola Baltzell
from page 139-140 of original text
collage and acrylic on paper
made on 4-9-10

Here is a really strange one. Several weeks ago I decided to use a new material that Lynn brought over -- a lino-cut. Without much forethought, I carved into a piece of linoleum which is about 4" x 6". I then passed it to Lynn and asked her to work on it, too. She also had the special ink which is really thick and sticky. I used it on this collage before testing it. The result -- well, kind of messy looking. I love the freedom to play. That reminds me of one of my yoga teachers, Patricia Walden. She used to talk about experiencing great freedom when you have a structure to work from. This project affords both -- a structure but also a big playground. -- Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment