Saturday, May 8, 2010

Collage 54

I did this one on April 2. I remember finishing it at the end of the day, I was tired, and the piece got a little chaotic. Note to self: stop sooner!

This image and the next are poor quality. They collages got out of order and Mark somehow skipped photographing these two. So I took the image on a regular digital camera. I'll ask him to re-shoot!

On page 122, one military leader is speaking to the adjutant Bolkonsky. They are discussing military strategy, looking at a map. They are getting ready to engage in battle against Napoleon's army. It struck me that the Russians are discussing their battle plans against the French while speaking French!

"... and went on with the conversation begun in French." -- Lola

Lola Baltzell
page 115-116 from original text
made 4/2/10
collage and acrylic paint on paper

1 comment: