Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Collage 50

This passage reminds me of what it's been like to be working in the studio on this project with my friends:

"Back at the workshop, I sit down and finish the upper right hand corner of the lilies, cutting tesserae in the shapes of triangles, a new skill I have achieved in the last few days. My eye is more acute in recognizing patterns that serve the whole. I am learning to watch and study.

I am also learning to trust the motion that comes through color and interstices, not in the controlled, static placement of each cube but in the joy of odd arrangements and unpredictable moves of choice.

I believe in the beauty of all things common."

from "Finding Beauty in a Broken World", Terry Tempest Williams. -- Lynn

Lola Baltzell
page 107-108 from original text
made 3/26/10
collage and acrylic paint on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment