Saturday, September 11, 2010

Collage 179

This collage was started by Lynn and finished by me. Lucy suggested that Lynn and I trade collages when I was feeling stuck and uninspired by one that I had started. This was a fun solution and it gave me a chance to play around with using figures in my collages which I usually shy away from.

Classes have started up for me again and one of the classes that I am most excited for is my collage class. It will be interesting (and a bit scary) to be critiqued and graded on something that I have been doing so naturally with Team Tolstoy for a few months now. I am excited to learn more about the history of collage, find new sources of inspiration, learn some new techniques and discover new materials. We will also be working on a much larger scale in this class, and I am excited to see how that plays out for me.

Happy collaging! --Emma


Lynn Waskelis and Emma Rhodes
from page 365-366 of original text
collage, acrylic paint
made 7/23/10


No comments:

Post a Comment