Friday, July 16, 2010

Collage 123

It's Friday which means that Team Tolstoy will meet in my studio in East Boston. Today's team will consist of Lucy Arrington and I. It's been some months since Lucy has been able to join us. I think that we have completed about 160 collages to date. This week my friend from Cape Cod, Carol Odell, mailed me back #140. Otto and Carol both want to do more pieces. Does it get any better than this?

Last night there was a gallery reception in the studio building which Lynn, Emma and I attended as well as our photographer Mark Natale. We met a photographer named Paul who places his subjects in a completely dark room and takes very slow images, about 20 minutes per exposure. He specializes in artists inside/amongst their work. He is fascinated by this project and envisions building some kind of 3-d structure so that our bodies are the collage. I can't really understand what he's suggesting, but this will hopefully become part of the project. I had the (mistaken) idea that he shoots everyone nude. That would be OK with me -- just so we're somewhat modest!

Emma's parents also attended so were able to see our studio work space. Her mother has contributed lots of ephemera to the project. Her father has also given us many great ideas about this blog. This project feels like an ever-growing web of community. -- Lola
Lynn Waskelis
from page 253-254 of original text
collage, acrylic paint
made 6/4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment