Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Collage 92


My husband Mark Natale, our official Team Tolstoy photographer, is quite partial to this one. He really liked the red stencil. Lynn brought in a stack of them, but to date we only used that one design one time.

I got an amazing email a few days ago from Otto in Berlin. He made a youtube video about his collage #137. I will say no more as it will be such a fun posting. You will see his first contribution in a few days with #98.

We're entering the summer now so getting together regularly in the studio on Fridays will be more challenging, and I want to keep the momentum going in order to continue posting one image per day. To do this, we're going to "allow" some off-site work. I'll be away at a conference next week so will take some materials with me. Lynn is traveling this week, Lulu will be away most of next month. So in the interest of moving this thing forward... What I like most about this project is working side-by-side. So we'll see how it goes working individually. I have also asked a few artist friends from the studio building to contribute. Some of them are professional artists, real heavy-hitters who are very excited to participate. How fun is that?

I was up late last night with one copy of War and Peace in English and the other in Russian, cross-referencing. It's kind of a funny job for me because I care so little about what happens on each page. Lulu has done a lot of that work, and strangely enough, so does Lynn, who doesn't know Russian at all. She says she just counts paragraphs and is guided by the French. I say that she's just brilliant! -- Lola

Lola Baltzell
from page 191-192 of original text
collage, acrylic paint, stencil
made 4/7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment