Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Collage 30

Tonight I brought my nieces and nephew to the studio, a huge treat for them. They are 8, 6 and 4. "And a half" as they all have fall birthdays. Luke commented that because he had so many choices of materials, it made it difficult to decide what to use. We can relate! We have a seemingly endless supply of wonderful things. My German friend, Tilla, researched the German text we already cut into, and said that it was a series of German history books which are still in print. Phew! I had hoped it wasn't a rare book or antique. Luke also questioned if I was sure it was alright for him to pull pages out of books. I happen to be reading "Farenheit 451" so I wonder -- is it really such a good idea to destroy books? -- Lola


Lynn Waskelis
page 67-68 from original text
made 3/19/10
collage and acrylic paint on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment