Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Collage 238

Can I say that I particularly like this one of mine? In part because I have always considered myself a colorist -- when I paint, I use a very bold palette. I work in a non-representational way. So exploring an almost neutral palette is quite interesting and engaging. I painted some "tiny music" with Payne's Gray acrylic but otherwise used straight collage. I used some text from an old art book which I find so pretentious that it's funny. Here are some of the lines I cut out:

... They evoke anonymous images of mystic implication. The lines move through the whole picture, knitting together a panorama of humanly motivated geature, each trapped within it own action and emotion -- a citadel of temporality, within a boundless and timeless space.... a panorama which decompartmentalizes human action...

What in the world does that mean? Clearly the writer is not an artist! -- Lola

Lola Baltzell
from page 483-484 of original text
collage, acrylic paint
made 9/24/10

No comments:

Post a Comment