Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Collage 399

Every time we hit another "century" mark (set of 100 collages), it gives me pause to think. The first time we hit 100, we hung them on the wall of our first studio, amazed by our accomplishment. That was late last summer. Now today we are posting #399. Last Friday it was just Lynn and in the studio. We were working away and I handed her another page. She turned to me and said, "do you realize that this is #500?". When complete, we will have made just over 750 collages. So that means we're 2/3 done. Rather than feel elated, felt a touch of emptiness.

I am reading a book entitled "Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life". As I read along, it is so clear that doing this project is my calling. I am so grateful to Team Tolstoy for their boundless energy, creativity, love and friendship. You all rock!-- Lola


Lola Baltzell
from page 53-54, Volume 2 of original text
collage, ink
made 2/25/11
Pevear/Volokhonsky translation page 641-643

No comments:

Post a Comment