Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Collage 393

I am not sure who made this one. Either Lynn or I. It has her handwriting on the back -- just the collage number. But it looks like a collage I would have done. I tend to use the whole page of the original and position it the way it would be on a book so it's easily readable. I vaguely recall being drawn to this page of a thesaurus with the header "volition", but underneath it says, "ill-devised, -imagined, -judged... mis-guided; misconducted, foolish... being all thumbs". I also used a map that Otto had sent. It looks like Russian but it is Bulgarian. And camouflage green. War time. -- Lola

Lola Baltzell/Lynn Waskelis
from page 43-44 of original text
collage, acrylic paint
made 2/18/11
Pevear/Volokhonsky translation page 633-635

No comments:

Post a Comment