Monday, February 21, 2011

Collage 321

I believe that this was our first friday reunited as a team post holiday season. December was a blur of show planning so this day was the first time in awhile that we were going at a normal pace. As Lola mentioned below, everyone was absolutely wild! I think it was a relief to be in the studio again without having the anticipation of the opening reception.

Lately I have been struggling with my collages. While black was a new and exciting element for me for awhile, I now feel that it has become a crutch that I am returning to again and again. At school right now I am primarily working in three-dimensional forms and sometimes my brain struggles to move between 3D and 2D. I also have been desiring to spend more time responding to the text. Up until now I have been connected to this project because it has taught me to loosen up, to play, and to work almost subconsciously--turning off my inner critic. Now that I feel much more comfortable in that department I want to move on to something else. I want to get back to reading, become inspired by Tolstoy, and, as always, enjoy my time with the team! --Emma

Emma Rhodes
from page 649-650 original text
collage, acrylic ink, oil crayon
made 1/7/11
page 516-517 Pevear/Volokhonsky translation

No comments:

Post a Comment