Sunday, October 3, 2010

Collage 201

Lynn Waskelis
made from page 409-410 of original text
collage, acrylic paint, embroidery thread
8/27/10
found on pages 324-326 in Pevear/Volokhonsky translation

from P/V translation:
"The same feeling that Princess Marya was experiencing as she sat in her room came over everyone and spread to all ends of the house. Following the belief that the less people know about the suffering of a woman in labor, the less she suffers, everyone tried to pretend they knew nothing; no one spoke of it but, apart from the usual staidness and respectfulness of good manners that prevailed in the prince's house, one could see a sort of general concern, a softness of heart, and the awareness of something great, inconceivable, that was being accomplished at that moment."

I tried my hand here at stitching paper, similar to what Emma had done. I felt I did it with two thumbs, or maybe my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment