Friday, January 7, 2011

Collage 276

Lola mentioned today in the studio that she was convinced this one was Adrienne's until she turned it over and found my name! This has been happening a lot lately. I find myself imitating my studio mates, as well as other artists that I discover. At this point, I am not always so sure what my style is, and I seem to be trying on many different ones. Today in the studio, I was very influenced by Lucy A, who had been very influenced by the show, "Fresh Ink" (currently at the MFA). It's sort of a domino effect. . . we each bring different influences into the studio, influence one another, and that creates something entirely new and exciting.

Emma Rhodes
from page 559-560 of original text
collage, acrylic paint, oil crayon
made 10/22/10
page 444-445 of Pevear/Volokhonsky translation

No comments:

Post a Comment